Valued material can now be used chairside
Milling, sintering and glazing in a single visit
CEREC Zirconia – inCoris TZI for the chairside workflow
This is a precolored, translucent zirconium dioxide which is available in 10 shades on the basis of the VITA Classic Shade Guide® and which requires no further liquid coloring. The material can be dry or wet milled or wet grinded, then fully sintered afterwards. It is only then that the restoration reaches its final size. The over-sized milling facilitates a new level of milling precision leading to superb fitting restorations. The material is available in two sizes (mono L and medi S).
CEREC MC XL Premium Package, MC X and MC with dry milling option
These CEREC grinding and milling machines come equipped with a device to vacuum up the mill shavings as well as new precision tools. The new machine can be used for both wet and dry processing, one straight after the other. Dry milling saves a considerable amount of time, as the restoration does not need to be dried before sintering – thus enabling the chairside procedure. And there is no difference in quality between dry and wet milling processes. The dry dust can easily be removed using a short, integrated cleaning program.
CEREC SpeedFire – Finalizing in a compact sintering furnace
For sintering, there is the new CEREC SpeedFire induction furnace: the smallest, fastest sintering furnace on the market. It combines the sintering and finalizing processes (staining and glazing) in one device. Both processes are extremely quick: It typically takes 10 – 15 minutes to sinter and 9 minutes to glaze crowns. Small bridges need 25 minutes sintering time. Active cooling also means that the restoration is soon ready for individualization or insertion. The furnace includes a touchscreen for managing jobs as well as glazing supports on which the restorations can be fixed for glazing with CEREC SpeedPaste. Its connection to the system provides the furnace with all the necessary information on the material, color, type and size of restoration via the Sirona CAD/CAM software. Based on this information, the customer gets the right program for the restoration. An important benefit: The intuitive handling of the software makes all processes easy – there is no need for any special training or long practice sessions. The dental team can quickly be involved in all processes.
CEREC SpeedGlaze for a final high-gloss polish
To give the restoration a high-gloss finish, it can be sprayed with the new CEREC SpeedGlaze. This dries quickly and is orange in color. Visualization ensures that it is applied evenly. In the sintering furnace, the glass particles melt onto the restoration, bonding with the surface. After firing, the surface is smooth, has again taken on tooth color and is ready to be placed into the patient’s mouth.
CEREC SW 4.4.1 – Intuitively managed workflow
A central building block of CEREC Zirconia is the new CEREC Software 4.4.1, which automatically controls the furnace based on the size, volume and shade of the restoration. It guides users through all processes, including the start of the milling process (fast or precision milling) and the precise heat treatment cycle, which depends on the material used. The software is extremely simple to use und supports you through the entire design and fabrication process.
Easy digital impressions - with three versions of the CEREC Omnicam:
CEREC Omnicam features:
- Powder-free scanning
- Color visualization of the scan data
- Ease of use e.g. distally in the molar region with its extremely small camera head
CEREC AC (Acquisition Center) – the mobile cart model
All components are integrated into a central, mobile imaging unit. Scanning and designing is done centrally with the CEREC AC. Thanks to our integrated, uninterruptible power supply, the unit can be easily moved from one treatment room to another and is an optimal solution for most dental practices.
CEREC AF (Acquisition Flexible) – the flexible tabletop model
Do you have a joint practice with treatment rooms on different floors or even at different locations? Or do you have limited space in the rooms? Then CEREC AF is the perfect solution for you: It consists of the individual components CEREC Omnicam incl. a base and a PC with a 24″ or 19″ screen. The camera can be easily taken with from one treatment room to another. Scanning and designing can be done separately. For example, you can work on the design in the first treatment room and your assistant or colleague can start a new scan in the next. If you wish, your patient can watch you design the restoration either on the tablet included or on the treatment center display. What’s more, the tablet can be ergonomically positioned to view while you scan. This solution is also ideal for practices that already have one CEREC system and want to use an additional one. You can equip your practice with the AF components (camera base, PC, and display) and use the already available CEREC Omnicam from your CEREC AC with the new flexibility of being able to move it from room to room.
CEREC AI* (Acquisition Integrated) – the integrated, ergonomic model
For many CEREC users, CEREC treatment is a fixed part of the daily workflow. It goes practically without saying that these dentists want to be able to use the CEREC camera almost like a contra-angle handpiece. With the CEREC AI, Sirona now offers this option: It consists of a CEREC Omnicam with a base which is integrated into the TENEO treatment center by a separate support arm and a PC with 24″ or 19″ screen. The CEREC Omnicam is thus easily accessible even in the 12 o’clock position. Both you and your patient can see everything directly on the treatment center screen or on the tablet included. An interesting solution for practices where CEREC is to be an integrated component – right on the TENEO treatment center.
* Available in selected markets as of autumn 2015
For optimal results: Chairside milling
The 3 milling units in overview:
CEREC MC XL Premium Package
- Complete spectrum of chairside and labside applications with block sizes up to 85 mm
- Milling and grinding of all CEREC and CEREC Premium indications and materials
- Fast and precise
- Comfort with 4 motors and user-friendly touch display
- CEREC Guide 2 surgical guides
- Optional Extra Fine milling function
CEREC MC X
- Complete chairside spectrum including bridges and abutments with block sizes up to 40 mm
- Fast and precise
- Optional upgrade to CEREC Premium software
- CEREC Guide 2 surgical guides with block sizes up to 55 mm
- Anatomically sized restorations with block sizes of 20 mm
- Ideal for new CAD/CAM users
* Approximate milling times dependent on the restoration design, block size, material, degree of wear and software version.
The heart of the CEREC system
The user interface of the CEREC SW 4.4 has been redesigned in order to enhance the learning curve and foster intuitive operation.
- Quick Help. This function takes the user in simple steps through the process
- A new function allows you to analyze the preparation
- The new Side Panel concept allows the user to create a clearly structured workspace. Several menus can now be opened simultaneously
- The Administration function has been completely redesigned. Favorite materials can be configured and Case Detail lists of installed solutions can be easily accessed
- Design tools have been significantly improved. Now the desired shape of anterior teeth (ovoid, squared, tapered) can be specified in advance Multiple restorations can also be edited simultaneously
- Buccal registration takes place automatically after the model calculation
In combination with CEREC Omnicam the software also offers the following features:
- Images are automatically saved in the background. A repeat scan is possible at all times without having to save the .rstimg file
- Intuitive operation with Auto Gain – no need to switch manually between intraoral and extraoral modes
- Improved single-frame and video modes open up extended capabilities in the areas of diagnosis, documentation, and patient communication
With the release of CEREC SW 4.4*, CEREC offers substantial advancements which further improve the quality of results:
Biojaw is a further development of Biogeneric. On the basis of the scanned data, the software applies biostatistical methods in order to compute the contours of the jaw.
- Automatic initial proposals offering improved functionality and esthetics. The proposal takes into account the entire scanned
area and not only the adjacent or reference tooth
- The anatomy below the proximal contact line is now also included
- In addition to optimizing the tooth in question, the software takes account of the tooth’s position in the jaw as a whole in the proposal
The result: natural-looking initial proposals which are optimally adapted to the patient’s anatomy and require only minimal, if any, manual adjustment!
The performance of all CEREC milling units has been optimized:
- A higher degree of detail is the outcome of the finer restoration surfaces. The results are more esthetic and functional
- Additional margin reinforcement minimizes the risk of chipping during the production of crowns, inlays, and onlays
- An Extra Fine option is available for four-motor milling units. The new burs deliver even more detailed results
Increasing operating speed was a key development goal for the CEREC SW 4.4. This is particularly evident at the start and when changing tools, phases, and steps. Waiting times for users have been reduced considerably.
The following screenshots illustrate the development of the CEREC Software:
Administration and support improvements in CEREC SW 4.4
- Restorations can now be exchanged between the various software versions in .dxd format
- Automatic updating of service packs: You always have the current service pack installed on your system
- Support Container Export: all the necessary data can be sent to the dealer or the Sirona support department at the touch of a button
Tutorials for CEREC SW 4.4:
The following videos are CEREC SW 4.4 tutorials provided by Dr. Sameer Puri, founder of www.cerecdoctors.com, a website dedicated to CEREC online education.
CEREC Premium SW 4.4 – Ideal software for in-house dental labs
Our new CEREC Premium software is geared towards the requirements of the dentist with a practice laboratory and will be continuously further developed to meet these needs. The integrated patient-oriented workflow and the expanded range of indications of the software enable you to take full advantage of the capacity of the CEREC MC XL Premium milling machine.
While the look & feel is still similar to the CEREC 4.4 software (e.g. start screen, blue design), the functions are based on the range of the inLab software (workflow, tools, parameters, material selection) so that you can integrate it perfectly into your daily practice routine.
- Expanded range of indications of the CEREC SW 4.4
- All workflows in one software
- Patient-oriented workflow of the CEREC chairside software with the wide spectrum of indications of inLab software
- CEREC AC and milling machine can be directly connected
- Design directly on CEREC AC
- Support for inEos X5 and inEos Blue
The interaction and operation of the CEREC Premium SW is based on inLab 15.0 and includes the following main features:
- Option to receive Connect cases and use the chat function of the portal
Increased user friendliness
- New side panels: Multiple side panels can be opened at the same time and positioned anywhere on the screen. When using two monitors, the side panels can also be moved to the second monitor.
- Automatic trimming
- New design tool application: To apply a tool to another tooth, you no longer need to double-click in this version. When the tool is enabled, just move the mouse to the required tooth.
- Configurable interface: In the configuration, materials that are not used can be hidden and the selection lists limited to only the materials processed in the laboratory.
- Creating parameter profiles: In the configuration, parameter profiles can be created either by customer or material, which can then be selected for the design of a restoration.
- Thinner preparation margin and support area: The preparation margin and the gingival line on the abutments are thinner. The support area on the adjustment surface can be edited. This is shown by a green line and can be edited after the preparation margin has been checked.
Jaw-oriented biogeneric positioning (Biojaw)
In this version, the entire scanned jaw is taken into account for the initial proposal of a restoration. Several hundred healthy jaws were scanned for this purpose and provide the basis for the initial proposal. This improves the quality of the initial proposals significantly, especially for complex dental cases.
In addition, users have the option of modifying the setup as desired (positioning, rotating, scaling). Subsequently, the restorations are adjusted to the preparation margin and the user can design the restoration with the familiar design tools.
Selection of dental databases
In addition to the biogeneric proposal, users have the option of creating the initial proposal based on dental database teeth.
Overview of indications according to software
CEREC Premium SW 4.4 can be operated on CEREC ACs or on inLab PCs. CEREC Omnicam, inEos X5, inEos Blue, all CEREC milling units, and the inLab MCXL with blue side panels can be directly activated.
The CEREC Premium SW has its own file formats (*.clab, *.ccam, *.cblc). The CEREC SW formats *.rst and *.rstimg are also supported.
Innovation and growth
CEREC incorporates numerous features that support chairside implantology. The CEREC system:
- Enables you to provide your patients with first-rate prosthetic and surgical treatment with custom abutments or direct screw retained crowns. During the provisional phase, the screw retained crown can also be used as a gingiva former to achieve a customized emergence profile
- Offers proven safety of the highest level. Custom abutments are – compared with standard abutments – recognized as the optimal clinical procedure
- Encompasses a broad spectrum of innovative and versatile materials supplied by Sirona and our external partners for abutments and temporary or final restorations: inCoris ZI meso, IPS e.max CAD and Telio CAD (Ivoclar Vivadent) and CAD-Temp IS and ENAMIC IS (VITA Zahnfabrik)
CEREC Guide 2 - The quickest and most cost-effective surgical guide
CEREC supports you in planning and placing implants. On the basis of the CEREC scan and 3D X-ray data, you can now create the CEREC Guide 2 – a patient-specific surgical guide which exactly reproduces the planned drill depth and alignment. In short – implant placement is much safer and easier to plan with this surgical guide.
In addition, CEREC Guide 2 can be fabricated cost-effectively out of a PMMA block on your CEREC MC XL Premium Package or CEREC MC X in-house milling unit. The surgical guide is ready to use for implanting in less than one hour. This eliminates the need for a model or an X-ray template with reference bodies (as is required with CEREC Guide 1). CEREC Guide 2 ranks as the most cost-effective and most rapidly available surgical guide – worldwide! CEREC Guide 2 can be used in combination with the existing Sirona Drill Keys.
Create a CEREC Guide Surgical Guide in 4 easy steps:
- Scan optical impression of the situation, design a crown taking prosthetic aspects into account, and import the prosthetic proposal into GALILEOS Implant software
- Plan implant in GALILEOS Implant software on the basis of the D2 value and select a sleeve. Then import this data into the CEREC software
- Design surgical guide: customize the surgical guide in the CEREC software
- Fabricate surgical guide on CEREC MC XL Premium Package, CEREC MC XL or CEREC MC X milling unit
NEW: CEREC Guide Pilot Drill Keys
The CEREC Guide is the ideal solution for users who merely want to perform pilot drilling operations. Various sets are available, each containing three drill keys in sizes S, M, and L. The inner diameter of the keys is compatible with the pilot drills of the respective guided systems.
Breaking new ground - with CEREC
Digitalizing the impression procedure has many advantages, especially for my patients. Firstly, they do not require the unpleasant impression tray and secondly, treatment can start sooner because the process is faster. My practice is considerably more modern and advanced – I can’t imagine going back to the old methods!
Hanna Ritter, Orthodontic Specialist, Hennef/Germany
- Faster start of aligner treatment
- Digital impressions are faster than conventional impressions
- Treatment is faster using digital impressions because the time-consuming steps of taking impressions and sending the physical impressions are eliminated
- Digital archiving and printing
- Just-in-time production of physical models on 3D printers
- All orthodontic appliances can be created on the basis of physical models
- Digital impressions
- Guided scanning technology ensures 100% reproducibility (safe, guided scanning)
- Simple, powder-free scanning using the smallest intraoral video camera on the market
9 export and processing options after scanning in detail:
- Sirona Connect (http://sirona-connect.com)
Send cases to any orthodontic laboratory on the Sirona Connect network
- Invisalign Clear Aligners ® (http://invisalign.com)
Seemless integration with Invisalign Doctor Site allows easy Invisalign case transmission
- CA Digital ® (http://ca-digit.com)
File export for upload during the order process for CA Digital (Aligner, Individua bonding trays, Memotain custom bonded retainers)
- SICAT (http://sicat.com)
File export for SICAT Function
- Stratasys ® (http://www.stratasys.com/industries/dental)
File export for Stratasys printers, allowing models to be printed quickly and easily
- OnyxCEPH ® (http://onyxceph.com)
File export for OnyxCEPH archiving and planning software
- 3M Incognito ® (http://incognito.net)
File export for upload during the order process for 3M Incognito custom wires and brackets
- Dolphin 3D ® (http://www.dolphinimaging.com/3d.html)
File export for Dolphin archiving and orthognathic planning software
- ClearCorrect ® (http://clearcorrect.com)
Direct upload to ClearCorrect for clear aligner treatment – not available in all markets
CEREC Ortho training sessions
The CEREC Ortho software includes a completely new imaging process that even the most experienced CEREC users have to learn. Proper instruction right at the start is crucial so that you can use CEREC Ortho confidently in any situation. For this reason, attending a face-to-face training session is a MUST. You will learn and practice guided scanning and become familiar with the processing options.
Please contact your local dealer for dates and availabilities.
All from one source
CEREC Blocs C: Similar to enamel – for inlays, onlays, veneers, and crowns
CEREC Blocs guarantee excellent color integration into the residual tooth substance of restorations combined with a clinical survival rate of 90% after 10 years*.
- Abrasion properties similar to enamel
- High translucency and chameleon effect
- Very easy to polish (and therefore ideal as the fastest chairside alternative)
- Classical colors A1C-D3C + Bleach 2C
CEREC Blocs C PC: Polychromatic for more natural-looking anterior and posterior crowns
The three different layers based on varying degrees of color saturation or chroma allow an optimal alignment to characteristic restoration color gradients relating to translucency and intensity.
- Natural enamel, dentin, cervix layers
- Virtual bloc orientation in CEREC and inLab software
- Interesting alternative to ceramic-faced crowns
- Classical colors A1C-A3.5C
CEREC Blocs C In: Anterior restorations
The blocs consist of a highly chromatic core covered by a translucent ceramic layer. The core is modeled after the shape of dentin in natural teeth. The outer shape is determined by the design of the tooth.
- All upper and lower jaw anterior teeth are covered with just one core shape
- Simple and easy to use with CEREC and inLab software
- Additional customization is possible with staining materials
* Source: Reiss B, Eighteen-Year Clinical Study in a Dental Practice. In Mörmann WH (ed.)
State of the Art of CAD/CAM Restorations, 20 Years of CEREC, Berlin: Quintessence, 2006: 57–64
Sirona Newsletter: Always up to date